Contact Us

Practices > Strike Offenses

Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving all of...
Riverside, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino & San Diego Counties

A strike offense is any serious or violent felony as defined by the California Penal Code. Sometimes, these can include offenses where the suspect/defendant never even came in contact with an alleged “victim.” An example of this is residential burglary. “Res burg,” as it is commonly referred to, is considered a strike offense even if there is no contact with the residents of the home and no violence involved. You may be charged with a crime and be completely unaware that it is actually a strike offense. You need to hire a lawyer that knows what offenses constitute strikes and what types of sentences they carry. We may even be able to achieve a deal for you that doesn’t include a strike offense.

There are many intricate laws that relate to strike offenses, especially if you have been previously convicted of a strike offense. Sentencing becomes more of a concern. If you are convicted of any felony and you have a prior strike offense it can double your potential sentence. In addition, you may serve up to 85% of your time in prison if convicted of a strike offense as opposed to the usual 50%. Most importantly, if you are charged with, and convicted of, three or more strike offenses, you can be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison. Another way you may end up in this predicament, is if you have two prior strike convictions and now, get a third conviction. The third conviction doesn’t even have to be a serious or violent felony. It can be as minor as a petty theft offense. That final conviction can send you to prison for 25 years to life! We know that you don’t want this to happen to you. The lawyers of WILL & WILL, LLP know the law well enough to know that there are ways to “strike a strike.” We will stop at nothing to try to persuade the judge, using the mitigating factors of your case, to dismiss a prior strike offense in the interests of justice. And, in the event that doesn’t work, we can file a formal motion on your behalf, requesting that under the law, the judge do the same. Call WILL & WILL, LLP, or fill out our online free consultation form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case. We are here to help you.


Contact us Today for a FREE Consultation

Practice Areas